Playing Minecraft is a unbelievable approach to discover your creativity. But after a while, the sport can start to feel a little bit stale.
A technique that players resolve this concern is by installing new Minecraft maps. These maps are simple to seek out, and they make taking part in Minecraft really feel recent again.
This guide will present you the most effective places to download Minecraft maps and the way to put in them.
What Are Minecraft Maps?
Minecraft maps are mainly the identical as Minecraft worlds: custom digital environments made by in-recreation players. These maps will be something from a pixel-artwork statue to a parkour problem. They can even take the type of a whole metropolis.
And once players create a new Minecraft map, they can share their creation with the community. As well as, importing these maps allows customers to discover the designs of other neighborhood members.
Learn how to Download Minecraft Maps
First, you may want to find out which model of Minecraft you will have. Java maps is not going to load on Bedrock versions of the software and vice versa. Once you've verified your version, you may download maps from the web sites listed under. Maps also are available in one in all two file codecs: .zip or .mcworld.
- .zip file: .zip files are used to share maps created in the Java edition of Minecraft. The .zip file accommodates the property associated to loading the map in-sport. Bedrock editions of the game (Windows 10, iOS, Android) also formerly used .zip recordsdata. An excellent source for these maps is the Minecraft Maps website.
- .mcworld file: The .mcworld extension stores all map-related assets in a single file. To put in a .mcworld map, double-click on it. You will discover .mcworld maps on the MCPEDL fan site, together with skins, seeds, texture packs, and mods specifically for Minecraft.
Now that you've downloaded your new maps, it's time to put in them.
How to install Minecraft Maps on Windows (Java)
To make use of your new map file, you will want to place it in the proper directory. The location will fluctuate based mostly on your Minecraft model. For the Windows Java version:
1. Extract the .zip file you've got downloaded.
2. Copy the map folder by highlighting it and urgent Ctrl + C on your keyboard.
3. On your keyboard, press Win + R to open the Windows Run app.
4. In the text box, sort %appdata%. Then, press Enter to open the C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming directory.
5. Within the Roaming listing, find the folder labeled .minecraft. Inside, you will find a folder labeled saves. This folder is the place Minecraft shops its maps.
6. Open the saves folder and paste the map folder inside. That's it!
If you wish to keep away from using the Run app, you can too entry the Minecraft saves folder by way of the Minecraft Launcher. Here is how: First, copy the map folder as earlier than.
1. Open Minecraft Launcher.
2. Under Minecraft: Java Version, click on the Installations tab.
3. Hover over Newest Launch and click on the folder icon to open the Minecraft installation directory.
4. Navigate to the saves folder.
5. Paste the map folder.
To explore your downloaded world, launch Minecraft in single-player mode. It's best to see your map. Click on the map to load it. As soon as every thing masses, begin exploring!
How to install Minecraft Maps on Windows 10 (Bedrock)
You'll be able to easily install custom maps on all Bedrock editions of Minecraft by using .mcworld archives. Double-click on the .mcworld file to open Minecraft with the new map loaded.
For older files that use the .zip extension, you may should extract them and manually transfer the contents to the minecraftWorlds folder.
1. Extract the downloaded zip file.
2. Copy the folder you just unpacked.
3. Open File Explorer.
4. Copy the tackle below and paste it into the fast entry bar. Press Enter.%localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\games\com.mojang
5. This command opens the Minecraft set up listing.
6. Open the minecraftWorlds folder.
7. Paste your map folder, and you need to be all set!
How to put in Minecraft Maps on Mac
Just like the Windows Java Edition, to put in Minecraft maps on macOS, you may have to maneuver the map information to the Minecraft saves folder. Start by downloading the .zip file on your map as before. The new map will seem in the only-participant menu as a new world. Now you may discover your freshly downloaded Minecraft map.
1. Extract Blog from the archive.
2. Copy the map folder.
3. Open Minecraft Launcher.
4. Go to the Installations tab.
5. Hover over Newest Release and click on the folder icon to open the Minecraft installation directory.
6. Navigate to the saves folder.
7. Paste the map folder contained in the saves folder.
Associated: The way to Make Your own Minecraft Server
How to install Minecraft Maps on Android (Bedrock)
Installing Minecraft maps on Android can also be easy with the new .mcworld extension. All it's essential do is open the map file, and it ought to routinely launch in Minecraft. Older Minecraft maps, then again, might use the traditional .zip format. To install these, you will should unpack them and paste them into the minecraftWorlds folder. This is how:
1. Open the Files by Google app in your Android device.
2. Navigate to your Minecraft map .zip file.
3. Click on the .zip file and choose Extract. You need to now see a folder containing the Minecraft map.
4. Copy the Minecraft map folder.
5. Navigate to the root listing after which to video games/com.mojang/minecraftWorlds.
6. Paste the map folder, and you're done!
Alternatively, you could possibly additionally connect your Android phone to your pc through USB to move the map files from your laptop to the minecraftWorlds folder.
Download: Files by Google for Android (Free)
Related: The right way to Share Recordsdata From Pc or Laptop computer to Android Cellphone
How to install Minecraft Maps on iOS (Bedrock)
Like other Bedrock editions, in case your downloaded map uses the .mcworld extension, all you have to do is run it, and Minecraft should load the new map. However, when you have an older map in a .zip format, you may want to convert it to a .mcworld file. Here is how:
1. First, you may have to download Documents by Readdle from the iOS retailer. As soon as installed, open the Recordsdata app and faucet your downloaded .zip file.
2. Documents ought to prompt you for an unzip location. Choose any location you like.
3. As soon as unzipped, open the extracted map folder, and select all folders inside utilizing the checkmark in the higher left corner of the display. You need to select all of them, or this course of won't work.
4. Next, faucet More at the lower proper of your display.
5. Tap Compress to compress these files into an Archive. As soon as the archive has finished, deselect everything. Then, tap the examine box subsequent to the Archive file and faucet Rename at the bottom of the screen.
6. Rename the file, utilizing .mcworld to substitute the .zip extension (Archive.mcworld, for instance). Documents will ask you to confirm this variation. Achieve this. Faucet Performed if you end up finished.
7. Next, faucet the .mcworld file you just created. Then faucet Open in one other app and choose Minecraft. The new world ought to load-faucet Play.
8. Underneath the Worlds heading, it's best to see your new map! Tap it, and you are accomplished.
Obtain: Documents for iOS (Free, in-app purchases)
Associated: How to move Files From Pc to iPhone or iPad
Explore Different Worlds in Minecraft
If Minecraft has misplaced just a little bit of its sparkle for you, new maps can make it feel thrilling again. By downloading and installing maps, you possibly can benefit from the creativity of other Minecraft players. And when you build your personal masterpiece, consider sharing it with the group so others can enjoy your customized creation.