REAR LOFT EXTENSIONS
Rear loft extensions are considered permitted development providing they conform to the following:
- The additional roof volume created should not exceed 40m3 for attached houses and 50m3 for detached semi-detached houses (the original house).
- The additional roof construction must NOT exceed the existing height of the roof or the original house.
- Any window on the side elevation must NOT be opening below 1.7m from the finished floor level and have obscured glazing.
- The additional roof construction must be set back at least 200mm from the face of the external wall, distance measured along the roof plane.
- Balconies, Verandas or raised platforms are NOT permitted.
FRONT LOFT EXTENSIONS
Front loft extensions are NOT permitted development.
SIDE LOFT EXTENSIONS
Side loft extensions are NOT permitted development.